Saturday 9 February 2013

Reply to Anonymous (8th February)




Reply to comment Anonymous (8th February)

Written for the Blog by a Preston resident.

Hi Anonymous?

Yes I criticized the council for allowing the Sports Pavilion to slip into disrepair and yes the view of residents at that time was the council were allowing that position to enable a realisation of funding to their pet project of the New Community Hall. That view was formed from a particular set of circumstances are you aware of those circumstances, was you involved with that in 2010?

Are you suggesting we should not be allowed our view or that we should simply keep our mouths firmly shut because it is not in keeping with your particular view? I’m obviously mistaken but I always thought people who had opposing views voiced them and talked in order to find common ground leading to agreement.

Can you please tell me when I criticized the council for improving the Sports Pavilion or playing field? As I recall I very recently praised someone (who I’m sure you know) for their work in renovating and improving the sports hall and thanked them for a job well done!

What I did do was question the wisdom of a councillor using the Playing Field Charity for the purpose of private fundraising for a playground for which I have had some stick, rightly so, unlike you I welcome different views because it generates debate. I also questioned the wisdom of installing a Play Park without a security fence because of the potential risk to children, are you suggesting I should keep my mouth firmly shut and not concern myself with the safety of our grandchildren who may well be users of your Play Park?

I have also specifically pledged my support for the Play Park if the process of achieving it is correct, so again I ask, where am I critisicing the council for this? I haven’t mentioned ‘the council’ on this subject although I have referred to our past experience with the council on a similar project involving a charity, are you suggesting I nor any one else presumably should be allowed any dissent?

I have Preston Parish Councillors lying through their teeth about me as a resident and you suggest I should keep my mouth shut until the next elections, I’m sure you would meekly walk off into the sunset and read a book until 2015 because that’s what you seem to be suggesting I should do?

I already accept the validity of your view and your right to voice it even though it appears to be different to mine.

Now, if you would like to start again and accept the validity of my view, even though you may think it wrong, we can have a reasonable conversation, show each other a little respect and empathy and reach some kind of mutually beneficial agreement, if that is not too far beyond your doctrine.

Thank you for reading and for your comment.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if that play park group is trying to bulldoze you out of the way but I can't see why. They should try to recruit you not bulldoze you. lets hope they come back with a more reasonable attitude, I'd be interested to see the outcome. Do you think theyll send you any info, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ricky

    I'm not too sure they're trying to do that, they just disagree with me and maybe not thought about their comment before sending it. Hopefully they will send some info, they said they had done the work, we'll just have to wait and see.

    Thanks for your comment and for reading.

    ReplyDelete