Saturday 9 February 2013

Comment replies for Jan.




Comment reply.

Written for the Blog by a Preston resident

I have been asked by Jan to put my reply to comments on the front page, I will try to do that from this point forward.

Comment reply Dave K and Stu. (9th February)

Hi Dave K.

We’re pleased you have found the blog interesting, it’s actually been interesting doing it and we’re sorry to hear about your similar experience with the old council but we do understand your frustration and not relishing getting into a fight with them, we are all different and we will fight for as long as it takes.

Yeah, I did get a bit of stick the other day, all I could do was respond from a position of honesty I accept not everyone agrees with me and when they put their views you have to try to find common ground.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on the council getting any sense, they only accept total surrender and that’s not even a possibility.

Thank you for telling all your friends, the more support we have the better.

Thanks again your comment was appreciated.

Hi Stu, Preston.

Your right we do need a fresh start and we do need to get rid of those longer serving councillors who have run the village down for years.

Yeah Stu, we did have an election back in 2011, but the new ones don’t seem to have done an awful lot considering the time they’ve had.

I found your whole comment amusing, in a very nice way, and it’s a long, long time since I’ve hear ‘good on ya man’, just takes me back to better but darker times, I suspect you know where I mean?

Thanks for reading and for your comment Stu. Your welcome back anytime, we have an email address if you prefer that, take care.

Hi Preston residents (9th February)

Sorry I had to slightly censor your reply. I’m not really familiar with Preston South but I can imagine how you feel, I would probably feel the same. Council meetings used to be held there I’m sure I’ve been to a Council Meeting in Preston South, I can tell you that councillors do read this blog so maybe they will pick up on it and give you a little more consideration, if you would like to contact us by email please do so, you’ll be very welcome.

Hi Ricky (9th February)

I'm not too sure they're trying to do that, they just disagree with me and maybe not thought about their comment before sending it. Hopefully they will send some info, they said they had done the work, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for your comment and for reading

Hi JD

I probably need to declare an interest here because I think I know who sent it due to the content and initials.

I also had to think about whether or not to publish it but, I said all comments would be published that weren’t abusive so there it is.

I don’t think I should answer it in detail but I do appreciate the supporting comments. I don’t want this to get into a slanging match and at the end of the day, if there is to be resolution then we will need to be civil, I hope comments can achieve that.

Thanks for reading JD and thanks for your comments

Hi Amanda

Thanks for your support but I think your probably being overly kind. I don't think I 'saved' the village hall as such but we (there were others, we often turned up with 20/30 people at council meetings, very often) made it impossible for the council to demolish it. If we hadn't got some new councillors on I'm sure your right it would have been gone now. That would have been a shame given its history, we might do a post on its history, just for you .

Thanks for reading and for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment