Friday 19 July 2013

Reply to "A Preston Parish Councillor"




Response to, A Preston Parish Councillor.

You will see from my initial response that I’m delighted with this particular comment for obvious reasons.

You gave your apologies for not being courageous enough to comment using your name, please don’t feel that way there is really no need for it, I find you exceptionally brave to comment as you have. Your clearly on the council to do your best for Preston because, like others, you recognise this “spectacle” is damaging our village reputation but in your case you have the guts to put forward a possible solution and bring this episode to a close at the risk of a personal cost to yourself, I do hope your vision can be matched by others taking appropriate action. You have not simply suggested I be quiet and go away but that I have a right to clear my name by any means open to me, I thank you for that.

I’m sure there will be those who question the authenticity of your comment due to the lack of identity and justifiably so, I too would question it on those same grounds. This comment was placed a couple of days ago in response to someone else’s comment and I did not feel comfortable publishing it, again for obvious reasons. I was then called by this councillor and after a few niceties’ I was asked why the comment had not been published, I then felt comfortable in publishing it.

I know you will understand when I say my confidence in East Riding is not high at this point but if I feel confident in any such process I would abide by the outcome and end this action.


Again thank you and lets hope others have the bravery you have shown and follow suite, we would all like to see the truth come out.

2 comments:

  1. Resident of Preston9 August 2013 at 11:45

    Whoever the councillor is who commented....WELL DONE!!

    Lets have more councillors commenting please, your suppose to engage with us aren't you your silence is damming!!

    Surely theres more than one councillor with some guts to speak out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.

      Maybe there are a couple of other councillors who may be committed to residents and their wellbeing, wether or not they'll comment is another question but we live in hope.

      Delete