Tuesday 13 August 2013

Response to Anonymous.


Response to Anonymous.


Hi Anonymous

Your quite right the accusations and tone are “appalling” the actions by the council which brought this blog about are also “appalling” none of this would be taking place if the council had not treated residents including myself with such an appallingly dismissive attitude, attacked a resident during a council meeting then got together to lie about the incident, making the resident out to be the liar, or waste so much of our money, I could go on but that might be seem as “ranting”, heaven forbid!!  

I see we’re back on the old “vendetta” treadmill, a favorite with the council when trying to discredit me and deflect attention from themselves. It saves them having to answer any questions, all the accusations are a matter of record so before you tell me I’m wrong to fight an injustice go and ask the council why they did those things in the first place!

Again your right, this whole thing tarnishes the entire council, brings the council into disrepute puts the village in a poor light, I accept all of that is unfair and unjust and probably uncalled for, I have tried to distinguish between what I see as new councillors and the old guard who are the problem and always have been. Let the few councillors who engineered this mayhem show some honour and consideration for their colleagues who are being tarnished with their wrongdoings, let them stand and show some willingness to put this in the past and accept they have not being perfect examples to the village!

A few councillors brought the council into disrepute when they gave false statements to the Standards Committee, that's about as appalling as you can get, I didn’t do that! Nor have I said its proven, my position has always been for an independent investigation to establish the truth, read the e-petition on the Government website.

You suggest I should resolve my differences with the council in a private manner. I have requested to meet with the council probably a dozen times over the last 3 years to resolve our differences, I was happy to get a simple assurance that such an attack by a councillor during a council meeting would not be repeated. This whole thing could have been put to bed over 2 years ago with 4 simple words from the council “that won’t happen again” instead they voted not to speak to me and brushed me aside as though I am some worthless idiot who is not worth the time of day, my trying to resolve issues directly with the council have ended I no longer have contact with the council.

The relationship between myself and the Parish Council has unfortunately always been an acrimonious one, there are faults on both sides so neither of us can claim any moral high ground and it will never be resolved until the parties decide to talk and settle their differences. For my part I have tried to settle any differences many times while the council have been intransigent in their position of dismissing me out of hand, that’s hardly my fault I don’t control the council! I have also been to ERYC and complained about councillors submitting false statement’s, they simply refused to look at it.

I find it strange that while I am willing to accept fault on my part as well as the council being at fault, your opinion would seem to be that everything is down to me and I’m just having a go at a wonderfully efficient, caring council that takes care of residents every need and are a wonderful asset to the village. Nothing in my opinion could be further from the truth, you have a very one sided argument which in itself discredits it.

Thank you for reading and for your comment.

2 comments:

  1. IF you reread my comment I hope you will note I was not suggesting it is all down to you, I was in fact saying there are ways and means of dealing with the type of situation you describe.

    I note in your very full response you mention ERYC refused to look at it, they can not do that. They have an obligtion to investigate all complaints.

    Throughout your response you seem to be accepting resposiblity for your part in what seems to be a long running debacle and acknowledge that your issue isn't with the entire PC. However your views and attempts at objectivity, and this appears to be a pattern, are spoiled with the tone of your last paragraph where again you refer to the whole and clearly have no desire to deal with your concerns in the proper manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying in my clumsy fashion to be conciliatory and accepting that there has been fault on both sides, we may be able to move forward from that point if both parties are like minded.

      You clearly do not understand the steps I have taken previously, either that or your choosing to ignore them. I am quite happy to defer to your better experience and would ask you to detail how I should deal with it.

      Thank you for your comment

      Delete